Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve Fire Destroys Two Owasso Homes


A Christmas Eve fire in Owasso displaced 18 people Monday night. The fire started in a fireplace and quickly spread claiming the house, while a strong north wind blew the flames to a neighboring home it too burning in the 8300 block of North 119th East Avenue.

Personal items and cherished  mementos were destroyed in a house fire , but toys that had been hidden in the shed behind the burned house remained untouched.  On Christmas morning five children, all younger than 7  opened their gifts at the Candlewood Suites Hotel, where their families stayed after the fire.

Both families have received aid from the Tulsa Area Chapter of the American Red Cross as well as donations from the Owasso community.

Candlewood Suites has reported that their phone has not stopped ringing since the fire victims arrived, with people wanting to help. 

A drop off donation site is being organized, and a bank account for donations will be started Wednesday. 

See more fire pictures HERE









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments in the space provided. All comments must be approved before they go through to the page.